Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Agreement is to set forth the conditions for the provision and use of the services provided by Lotte Hotels and Resorts (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) for cyber (online) members, the matters and procedures related to membership subscription, and any other necessary matters
Article 2 (Effectiveness of Terms and Conditions of Use)
- 1. These Terms and Conditions shall come into effect when they are published on the service screen, after passing the public notification procedures stated under Article 31 of the Telecommunications Business Act and Article 21 Section 2 of the Enforcement Decrees of the Act, or by members being publicly notified by any other means
- 2. The Company may change these Terms and Conditions, and the changed Terms and Conditions shall come into effect when they are notified publicly or informed thereof by any other means.
Article 3 (Rules Separate form These Terms and Conditions)
When any matter not specified under these Terms and Conditions is provided under the Telecommunications Basic Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, or any other relevant law, the provisions set forth under the laws shall apply.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The definitions of the terms used in these Terms and Conditions shall be as follows:
- 1. Members (individual members for the condominium/corporate members for the condominium) : customers who have entered into the agreement with the Company.
- 2. Online members : customers who have registered membership as an online member for Lotte Hotels and Resorts through its wesite.
- 3. ID : a combination of letters and figures selected by members and approved by the Company in order to identify the relevant members and to allow the members to use the services
- 4. Password : a combination of letters and figures established by members to protect their personal information.
- 5. Termination : expression of the intention to terminate these Terms and Conditions for use by the Company or members after their use of the services
Article 5 (Application for Membership Subscription, the Company’s Acceptance, and Formation of these Terms and Conditions for Use)
3. If a user presses the “Registration” button during the registration procedure, the user shall be deemed to have consented to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1. Members shall file online applications for membership pursuant to the prescribed application for subscription.
- 2. Acceptance by Company
- - When a member has filed an application for use by correctly entering the requirements set forth in Section 1, and in the event that the member’s actual name is confirmed through the actual name confirmation procedure at the time of application, the Company shall accept the application.
A. The Company may withdraw its acceptance of an application for use in each of the following cases:
- 1) Where the facilities do not have the requisite space for membership
- 2) Where there are technical difficulties.
- B. Where the Company finds it necessary for any other reasons, the Company may not accept applications or cancel its acceptance of any applications for use in each of the following cases:
- 1) Where a subscriber’s name is not their actual name
- 2) Where an application is filed for use under a third party's name
- 3) Where at the time of application for use, the requirements have been falsely entered
- 4) Where an application is filed for the purpose of undermining social stability, order, or traditional customs
- 5) Where any other requirement for the application for use as set forth by the Company is deemed insufficient
Article 6 (Content of Service)
The Company shall provide cyber (online) members with such services as fee discounts when the members use the relevant facilities of Lotte Hotels and Resorts, and the details of the services shall be separately published on the Company’s website.
Article 7 (Duties of Company)
The Company shall not disclose or distribute to third parties the personal information of any of its members, with respect to the provisions of the Company’s services, without the approval of the relevant members; provided, however, that this shall not be the case where it is required under the provision of the law, including the Telecommunications Basic Act as stipulated by government authorities, where it is required in a criminal investigation or by the Information Communications Ethics Committee, or where it is required under the procedures set forth by the relevant laws. Any other policies regarding the personal information of the Company’s members shall follow the Personal Information Protection Policy.
Article 8 (Member Obligations Regarding the Management of Their IDs and Passwords)
Members shall be responsible for managing their IDs and passwords. Members shall be responsible for any and all consequences incurred as a result of their negligent management of the given IDs and passwords or their wrongful use thereof. Where a member’s ID has been wrongfully used, the member must notify the Company thereof.
Article 9 (Change of Agreements)
Members shall make changes to their online information only if changes have occurred to the information they entered at the time of application for use.
Article 10 (Duties of Members)
- 1. Members shall comply with the matters notified by the Company, including the relevant laws, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, instructions of use and notes, and shall not engage in any activity that may obstruct the duties of the Company.
- 2. Members shall not engage in any profitable activity based on the use of the services without prior consent of the Company.
- 3. Without prior consent of the Company, members shall not copy, duplicate, change, translate, publish, broadcast, or use in any other way the information they have gained through the use of the Company’s services. Members must also not provide third parties with any information they may have acquired by using the services.
- 4. Members shall not engage in each of the following activities with respect to the use of the services:
- A. To wrongfully use the IDs of other members
- B. To engage in any activity for criminal purposes or related to certain crimes
- C. To undermine the good customs or any other social orders
- D. To harm or besmirch the reputation of others
- E. To infringe upon the rights of others, including intellectual property rightsTo infringe upon the rights of others, including intellectual property rights
- F. To engage in hacking or to distribute computer viruses
- G. To transmit certain content, including advertising information, against the will of others
- H. To engage in any activity in violation of the relevant laws
To transmit certain content, including advertising information, against the will of others
- 1. The Company may provide a variety of information to its members by way of publication thereof on the websites related to the operation of its services.
- 2. The Company may publish advertisements, etc., on the related websites and send e-mails with respect to the operations of its services.
Article 12 (Discontinuance of the Provision of Services)
In each of the following cases, the Company may discontinue its provisions of services:
- 1. Where it is unavoidable for system maintenance
- 2. Where the key telecommunications service providers set forth under the Telecommunications Business Act discontinue their telecommunications services
- 3. Where the Company cannot provide the services for other grounds
Article 13 (Deletion of Publications or Contents)
Where the publications or content of the services are in violation of the provision of Article 10 or in excess of the publication period prescribed by the Company, the Company may delete them without prior notice or consent.
Article 14 (Rights and Obligations for Publications)
All the rights and obligations for publications, including copyrights, shall be held by the member who was responsible for such publications.
Article 15 (Termination of Agreement and Restrictions on Use)
- 1. When a member intends to terminate these Terms and Conditions for use, the member shall directly withdraw from membership through the membership withdrawal process or file an application for withdrawal from membership with the Company by e-mail. Such a withdrawal by email must be submitted one day before the intended date of termination; (provided, however, that where the date of termination is a legal holiday then the email must be submitted two (2) days )before the holiday commences.
- 2. Where a member has violated Article 10 or any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and fails to correct the violations within the period prescribed by the Company, the Company may terminate these Terms and Conditions for Use.
Article 16 (Compensation for Damages)
Even where damages have occurred to members with respect to the services provided free of charge, the Company shall not be responsible thereof unless the damages were caused by the Company’s serious negligence.
Article 17 (No Liability and Indemnification)
- 1. The Company shall not be responsible for the content of the accuracies, reliabilities, etc., of the information, materials, or facts published by members using its services. Members shall use the services under the guidance of their own sense of responsibility. Even where damages occur with respect to the materials published or transmitted by use of the services or where certain other disadvantages have occurred with respect to the use of the services, members shall assume total responsibility thereof.
- 2. The Company shall not assume any responsibility for transactions involving goods, etc., by means of the Company’s services between members or between a member and a third party in violation of the provision of Article 10. In addition, the Company shall not assume responsibility for any expected profits with respect to the use of its services by members.
- 3. Members shall assume total responsibility for and damages incurred as a result of carelessness in the management or use of their member IDs and passwords or for allowing the wrongful use thereof by third parties.
- 4. Where the Company has been held responsible to members or third parties in cases where a member has violated Article 10 or any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, and as a result damages have occurred to the Company, the member who has violated these Terms and Conditions shall indemnify all damages and deem the Company not responsible for the damages.
Article 18 (Termination of Agreement and Restrictions on Use)
- 1. The Company and members shall make every effort to amicably resolve any dispute that may occur with respect to the services.
- 2. Notwithstanding the provision of Section 1, any lawsuit brought because of such a dispute shall be heard by a competent court of jurisdiction, where the Company’s head office is located.
Addenda Article 1 (Date of Implementation)
These Terms and Conditions shall be implemented from May 28, 2019.
We, Lotte Hotels and Resorts, promise to provide our valued online members with a greater selection of differentiated services and will make every effort to provide more prompt and accurate information and services.